- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups Brown Cow Whole Milk yogurt (Plain or Vanilla)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 1/4 cups cranberries, coarsely shopped
- 3 tablespoons pecans, coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 375°. Sift dry ingredients into large bowl; set aside. In medium bowl, beat eggs. Add oil, milk, yogurt and lemon zest and stir until well blended. Pour mixture into dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. Gently fold in cranberries. Spoon into greased and floured muffin tins and top with chopped pecans.
Bake 20-25 minutes (15-20 minutes for small muffins), or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool several minutes on wire rack; remove from pan and cool completely. Makes 12 large or 18 small muffins.
Brown Cow Farm (September 2001)