- 1 lb shrimp, large, raw and peeled
- 2 Tbs. curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbs. olive oil, divided use
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 1 pint shitake mushrooms
- 1 8oz can water chestnuts, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped (or parsley)
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup Brown Cow Cream Top plain yogurt
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt, or more to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts, whole
In a bowl, toss shrimp with curry powder and cinnamon. Set aside.
Heat 1 Tbs. olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallions and sauté for 1 minute. Add mushrooms, water chestnuts and 1/4 cup cilantro. Sauté until mushrooms are tender, then transfer to a plate.
Using the same skillet, add the remaining 1 Tbs. olive oil and sauté the shrimp for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the chicken broth slowly, stirring constantly. Return the sautéed mushrooms and water chestnuts to the skillet, then season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and add the yogurt slowly, stirring constantly. Serve immediately over rice. Garnish with cashews and 1/4 cup chopped cilantro.